Visteon thanks top suppliers critical to its support for automakers
Visteon shared its strategic direction as a global cockpit electronics technology leader and recognized nine key companies that supplied it with a variety of components and services at the 2020 Virtual Strategic Supplier Awards Ceremony, held Tuesday, Dec. 8.
“As we develop advanced technologies for OEMs around the world, hundreds of suppliers and their teams work with us every year to grow our leadership position in automotive cockpit electronics,” said Sachin Lawande, president and CEO of Visteon. “Their critical solutions and services met or exceeded our goal of delivering new technologies to an evolving automotive industry.”
Visteon’s Supplier of the Year is Sharp Electronics Corporation, Device Division, a long-term supplier of displays for Visteon, based in Osaka, Japan. They supported the company’s new global program launches in 2020 with the latest technologies.
“Throughout 2020, Sharp supported our new business opportunities with enthusiasm and embraced challenges, always strongly respecting our requests and demonstrating a willingness to find solutions,” Lawande said.
The Supplier of the Year embodies all criteria of each award presented at the conference for Best Customer Focus, Best Delivery, Best Engineering and Innovation, Best Quality Supplier and Best Indirect Supplier. Other award-winners include:
- Best Customer-Focused Supplier, Asia Pacific – New Vision Displays, a China-based designer and manufacturer of solutions for custom displays, touch panels, cover lenses and screen protectors, supports important Visteon programs for major OEMs within specified lead times and budgets
- Best Customer-Focused Supplier, Europe – Mario da Costa Martins & Filho, Lda, a manufacturer headquartered in Portugal, supports Visteon by producing stamping components for automotive audio products
- Best Customer-Focused Supplier, Americas – Taiwan-based semiconductor company MediaTek supplies Visteon with hardware and software products have contributed to several high-value OEM design wins, and their ability to resolve problems has been very impactful
- Best Delivery Supplier – China-based printed circuit board builder Chin Poon’s highest delivery rating helps keep Visteon’s manufacturing activities moving, contributing greatly to on-time distribution of Visteon’s products to customers
- Best Engineering and Innovation – Texas Instruments, a semiconductor company based in Dallas, excelled in all of its impactful contributions ranging from products to customer support – especially during the integration of DriveCore’s software, object recognition and performance metrics
- Best Quality Performance – Hirose Electric Europe B.V., Amsterdam, supplies Visteon with a wide range of connectors optimized for automation equipment, always finding high-quality solutions to fit OEM vehicle programs
- Best Indirect Supplier – Portugal-based industrial automation equipment supplier ACPA and Visteon are developing a custom bonding process to optimize manufacturing activities
- Special Award – Mold supplier Aurimoldes, based in Portugal, supplied tools to migrate Visteon facilities from building world-class cockpit electronics solutions to manufacturing personal protection equipment for frontline workers in countries battling COVID-19
Winning suppliers will receive a crystal award with an embedded 3D image of two hands clasped in a handshake – symbolizing the mutual cooperation and partnership between Visteon and its suppliers.
“From supporting our core business activities with OEMs to joint work on a project that helped the communities where we live and work, each of the suppliers we have honored stood by us during the challenges of 2020 – and exceeded expectations for excellence,” Lawande said. “We look forward to working with them in 2021.”