Visteon publishes corporate sustainability report highlighting corporate responsibility and citizenship
- “Public report card” centers on environment, health and safety, products, supply chain, quality and employees
- Human and financial resources balance private interests with the public good across facilities in 18 countries
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions, focus on quality, safety leadership
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Oct. 20, 2020 – Visteon Corporation (Nasdaq: VC), a leading global supplier of vehicle cockpit electronics, today announced its latest corporate sustainability report that summarizes initiatives, practices and achievements related to environment, health and safety, products, supply chain, quality and employees.
As a technology company leading a digital revolution in cockpit electronics during a global pandemic, we are running our businesses in a manner that promotes responsibility and good citizenship, as well as a healthy environment and community.
Sachin Lawande, Visteon president and CEO, called the corporate responsibility summary Visteon’s “public report card” on steps it has taken to protect 10,000 employees, engage local communities in 18 countries, measure environmental performance and the quality of the company’s products. Visteon’s sustainability strategy is based on using human and financial resources to balance private interests with the public good by focusing on three pillars:
- Environmental protection, including energy and water conservation, building products to support protection of natural resources and effective waste management through reduction, recycling and reuse. As vehicle manufacturing continues to become greener, Visteon participates in programs with OEM customers to reduce emissions and waste, and consume energy and water more efficiently. In 2019, for example, Visteon improved direct greenhouse gas emissions by 11 percent.
- Economic viability by focusing on OEM customer needs and delivering high-quality, innovative products to sustain profitable growth. As a global leader in cockpit technologies, Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future to improve safety and the user experience. Because OEMs expect to receive high-quality products from suppliers, Visteon innovates to prevent issues before they happen – and in 2019 presented its Quality Award to a team that created a program to predict and minimize supply chain disruptions.
- Social equity, centering on wellness activities, equality and inclusivity, people development and inclusive growth for employees as well as encouraging community service and, most importantly, safety. With no lost-time accidents at 96 percent of its facilities in 2019, Visteon has a world-class health and safety record and is a safety leader in the top percentile of all manufacturing companies.
Visteon is undeterred in its mission to redefine the automotive cockpit in a sustainable way that shrinks the environmental footprint, meets the safety needs and aspirations of our diverse employees and delivers advanced solutions to OEMs – while also driving growth and profits.
Visteon met the challenges of COVID-19 by switching to remote work for salaried employees, providing them with communication tools and online training to increase effectiveness and maintain business operations. Employee teams designed, manufactured and donated almost 70,000 personal protective equipment units to hospitals and medical facilities around the world.
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future, to improve safety and the user experience. Visteon is a global leader in cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also delivers artificial intelligence-based technologies, connected car, cybersecurity, interior sensing, and embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2019. Learn more at www.visteon.com.